Friday, May 18, 2012

What to do....

Nothing is more exciting than having a vision and then seeing it come alive! Well I had a vision... (look at the picture below)




and my vision DID NOT come alive!! Thursday I saw this amazing post on Pinterest and it inspired me! We have been wanting a new dining room table for little while. We both really love farm tables and we LOVE two from Restoration Hardware. I would LOVE to just buy the table we want but we need to be practical, we don't REALLY need a new dining room table. A while ago, Jason suggested that I fix up our current table until we decide to buy a new one. Honestly I didn't like that idea because I LOVE the farm tables so much that I didn't think I could achieve the style I was really going for. Fast forward to Thursday morning...the post I saw on Pinterest was like a light bulb for me!  Gray Washing blog    WOW... "gray-washing." what a great idea! I had heard of white washing but not gray washing.

An hour after reading this blogTyler and I were on our way to Lowe's to get some paint. I bought sample size paints because I knew I didn't need a lot. While the boys napped I started gray washing my table (wish a BIG smile on my face because I kept picturing how great it was going to look)!! WELL... an hour after gray washing two table legs and half of the top and side of the table I just wasn't feeling it! I wouldn't say I hated it but it was definitely NOT the look I was going for! It was NOT gray, it looked very BLUE! UGH!! BLUE is not a color in the Restoration Hardware catalog. Double UGH!

So I had Jason help me move the table out to our patio and I started standing off the BLUE and the original stain. I tried gray washing the "naked' wood... UGH it still was a bit BLUE!! There was nothing about it that looked gray or at least the gray I was looking for! Stay tuned for updates on this "easy" project that has turned out to be a big challenge! :)


Can you see the BLUE legs?? I know the picture is not great because of the sun!!

No comments: