Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sew What?

For Christmas my mother-in-law bought me a sewing machine and taught me the basics of sewing. I had never touched a machine before let alone sewn anything! Over Christmas she helped me make a couple of pillows and some valances for my bathroom. Since then I have made more pillows but that's as far as I had gotten...until this week! A good friend of mine from bible study. Melanie makes a lot of clothes for her boys so naturally I asked her for help.

Chevron is the newest "it" fabric so I of course wanted to make the boys matching shorts! (No one told me that Chevron was probably not the fabric to start with!) She lent me her favorite go-to shorts pattern. She sat down with me and helped me cut the fabric and then piece it together. Having someone explain what to do is so much more helpful than reading pattern directions on your own! Although we didn't get to finish the shorts making process while she was over, what we got through was extremely helpful! After that I had the confidence to make four more pairs for shorts for the boys!! It was great!! Now I have to pace myself and remind myself that the boys don't need all handmade elastic waste shorts!! :)











No comments: