Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Where have you been??

I know!! I have not blogged for a few weeks but I've been bitten by the summer bug. I have both kids-FULL time now so I haven't had a lot of extra time on my hands. We have been busy little bees.

What have we been up to? 
The boys and I went to Charlotte a couple of weeks ago for 5 days. I drove up to Charlotte with the boys on a Wednesday and then Jason flew up Thursday night. We stayed with a good friend from college who was nice enough to let the whole gang stay with her (and her husband and dog, Dollie). We had a great time visiting with her as well as many of our other friends! We were able to attend a good friends 2nd birthday party. I am so glad we are able to still make the effort and go to events in Charlotte! I also went to a little baby shower dinner for my good friend Jenn (who is due in a few days)! It's amazing that even though we moved 5 months ago, when we go back to Charlotte we are able to pick back up with our friends like we haven't been gone! (oh how I miss them!)

While we were in Charlotte we all got hair cuts!! :) It's getting H-O-T HOT HOT HOT in Florida!! We all needed shorter dos!

Getting his hair buzzed off...

Daddy got a buzz cut too!
  


Once we got back from Charlotte Jason left for the week to travel for work. Luckily he doesn't take long travel trips for work often. (Although he does travel semi-often.) While Jason was I painted our living room (something I had been planning on doing). Before Jason left we picked out a color and then I went to town. :) It's not a drastic change but it's a welcomed change.

 Picking out the color...
We decided to go with darker color. It's a gray/brown.
A work in progress...

All done! 
  This week we have been hanging out. Yesterday the boys and I went to Sea World and this weekend we're hoping to make a day trip to the beach. Just a few of the perks about living in Florida. :) Next week Carson has camp all week and then we are leaving for DC on Saturday. The boys will be staying in DC for a week with both of our families while Jason and I head to Italy to celebrate 6 years of marriage!! YIKES!

No comments: